Chelmsford Branch was formed in 1986 and currently has 45 members. At most meetings we have a speaker, except in January when we have a hands-on evening organised by the branch committee. Members may borrow books, magazines and DVDs from our library, buy items from our branch sales table where a bargain can quite often be found, purchase a raffle ticket, we have a monthly raffle with wonderful prizes and finish the evening off with a cup of tea or coffee and a chat with friends.
Meetings are held on the third Monday of every month between 7.30pm and 9.30pm, 2nd Monday in December, no meeting in August
Venue: the Main Hall, Christchurch, New London Road, Chelmsford CM2 0AW.
If you are a ‘stitcher’ Chelmsford Embroiderers’ Guild is the Group to join!
• We are a fun group of people that love to work with stitch and cloth
• We have lots of informative evenings, usually with speakers.
• We have evenings where we take part in projects/learn new techniques
• We have a sales table where you can buy those bits that you just can’t live without!
• And a very well stocked library that has recent publications of books and DVDs that you can borrow.
But most important of all,
• We are a group who like sharing our skills with our fellow members
• We are very friendly and we have fun
If you are thinking you might like to give us a try, you can come along as a visitor before you make the decision to commit! You are also very welcome to phone any one of the committee to chat about what the group is like – just to make sure it is right for you, and if you are coming on your own and maybe a little anxious, we will always make sure you are welcomed and introduced to other members of the group.
Meeting Place: Christ Church, London Road, Chelmsford, CM2 0AW
Meeting Day: Monday
When: 3rd Monday Monthly
Time: 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm
Current Members: 45
Chair: Angela Bulman
Treasurer: Sally Chapman
Secretary: Rebecca Swan
Membership Secretary: Chris Bojan
IT rep: Rebecca Swan
Programme Secretary : June Carroll